No announcement yet.

General Relationship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been with my bf for 6 months and ended up living with him for the same length of time - confusing situation. Was never meant to be a permanent thing but as its worked out so great I kinda thought he'd just stay. But no, he wants to move out next term to live with a load of blokes cause its apparently something he has always wanted to do yet he says there is nothing wrong with the relationship??

I could muder him sometimes...

Comment

• Why do men never make any sense in relationships? You get the odd few that are great and are everything you want but then there's that other percentage who are such w***ers.

Foo, in reply to your question, I didn't text him today thinking I'm not going to be the pushover he obviously thinks I am. Whenever I have an argument with him or any of my friends I'm usually the first to text even if I'm not in the wrong, and then it just looks like I'm admitting defeat.

Lately though, I've made decisions to just not text first and see how it will take for them, particularly him, to text me first. Lo and behold he text me first today, a lot earlier than I expected, I was half thinking this would go on for a couple more days or something lol. What he said was nothing at all to do with what happened yesterday and I'm not quite sure what to say back because I don't want to start it all up over text but I don't want to act like nothing has happened so I haven't replied yet.

I'd love him to just say 'yes i've thought about what you said and I'm going to try and make more of an effort' which he has done in the past, but i don't think he will this time, purely based on this 'taking things slow' crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudette1 View Post
        Lately though, I've made decisions to just not text first and see how it will take for them, particularly him, to text me first. Lo and behold he text me first today, a lot earlier than I expected, I was half thinking this would go on for a couple more days or something lol. What he said was nothing at all to do with what happened yesterday and I'm not quite sure what to say back because I don't want to start it all up over text but I don't want to act like nothing has happened so I haven't replied yet.
        and then you question if your mobile phone has ever been such a source of hassle before.....
        lol, i know what this is like!!!!
        i didnt think not getting a text back would aggaravate me as much as it does!

Comment

• mobiles are the bain of my relationship at the moment...my bf desn;t have things out face to face...he does it by text message...i hate it....i worry about what he says in a text and then later he says he meant it a different way...you can;t always tell how a text message is meant to be read....plus in my last long term relationship i was dumped by text...i must have meant so much to him haha

Comment

• Originally posted by mer_1984 View Post
            mobiles are the bain of my relationship at the moment...my bf desn;t have things out face to face...he does it by text message...i hate it....i worry about what he says in a text and then later he says he meant it a different way...you can;t always tell how a text message is meant to be read....
            OMG....YES!!! A text cannot replace real conversation. im forever being blamed for reading messages wrong!!!

Comment

• Me too....i'll repeat stuff back to my bf that he has text me and he says 'yeah well that means this, when i said that i meant blah blah blah' but its my fault for reading it wrong....how is it my fault...if thats whats written thats what i read...i can;t interpret a text message with tone etc

Comment

• I hate mobiles in situations like this too Mer.
                It's bloody annoying because it's me who can't let things lie when we're talking about something by text. He often just says lets just forget this, we need to talk in person, and he always sounds so serious I've been known to worry he's going to break up with me when we do meet up. He just makes me sit and stew for a couple of days, and I just can't help asking more questions by text.

Although once when I sat him down and told him that if he didn't start being more considerate I couldn't be with him and he was crying and everything saying he didn't want to break up.

It's like he wants to be with me and wants us to be together, his mum has told me that he's said to her he loves me and wants to be with me, this was after we got back together the last time, so not that long ago, and considering he tells his mum nothing this was quite big, but he doesn't want to have to do anything.

So we'll be together but he doesn't need to put in any effort basically which is just crap.

Comment

• Last night about 2am my bf text me saying ' i don't know if i can carry on like this if i can't make you happy' after we had been talking about a load of other stuff, and because of the context of the other texts before i replied 'so is that you breaking up with me?' he didn;t text back, i then had naff all sleep cos i was worrying!!!! i hate text talking about relationship stuff because nothing gets sorted

Comment

• God they really know how to mess with us, that's exactly the kind o fthing my other half would do.

Comment

• Breaking up by text / msn is just unfair. Or anything imporatnt relationship wise, not just breaking up
                      Last edited by Laura - Marie; 03-24-2008, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Relationship.

Sorry, I can't hold back any more :P

And at least you guys get to text your boyfriend, haha. Mine hasn't had credit for almost a year :P I get free calls to him though because of the magic number thing Orange does, so it's all good. We're both on MSN 24/7 anyway, too.

Comment

• I respect long distance relationships, takes a lot to be able to do it. I dont think I would be able too

Comment

• "Welcome to dumpsville. Population : you"

Thats not cool.
                            A girl i know did that to her boyfriend.
                            He thought it was a joke at first :|

Comment

• Originally posted by Laura - Marie View Post
                              I respect long distance relationships, takes a lot to be able to do it. I dont think I would be able too
                              Yeah, I honestly thought I'd never do anything long distance but it's been surprisingly easy. We adjusted to it really well. I guess we're not really that far apart though (and it's easy/cheap to get from Wolvo to Manchester)...and I'm not that bothered about the whole 'going out and getting wasted' kind of student life, so that never really caused any problems - I'm still online pretty much every night to talk to him, haha. I come home every other weekend, sometimes more, and the time in between passes pretty quickly.

I'm definitely glad we tried it. Loads of people I know broke up for uni and I think not even giving it a chance would be pretty crap =/

Comment

• Originally posted by katexx View Post

I'm definitely glad we tried it. Loads of people I know broke up for uni and I think not even giving it a chance would be pretty crap =/

Does it make the time you do spend together even better, or does it feel the same really?

Comment

Working...
                                X